RENOMii Terms of Service
Effective Date: These Terms of Service are effective as of September 8, 2015
RENOMii™ Terms of Service
RENOMii™ Corporation (“RENOMii”) is an on-line subscription service that permits renovation contractors and property owners to collaborate and exchange information about renovation projects, including facilitating contract formation, contract modification and payment arrangements.
You should also refer to our Privacy Guidelines available at http://RENOMii.com/privacy-policy for a description of the information we gather, store and use in relation to your use of the Service.
- By using the Service you are representing and warranting that you are at least 16 years old and that you have the capacity to enter into and become bound by the terms and conditions of the RENOMii Service set out herein.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs through your account and you agree you will not sell, transfer, license or assign your account, followers, username, or any account rights. With the exception of people or businesses that are expressly authorized to create accounts on behalf of their employers or clients, RENOMii prohibits the creation of and you agree that you will not create an account for anyone other than yourself. You agree that you will not create an account for anyone other than yourself, with the exception of people or businesses that are expressly authorized to create accounts on behalf of their employers or clients. You also represent that all information you provide or provided to RENOMii upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current and complete and you agree to update your information as necessary to maintain its truth and accuracy.
- You agree that you will not solicit, collect or use the login credentials of other RENOMii users.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secret and secure.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations (for example, provincial, federal, state, and local) applicable to your use of the Service and your Content (defined below), including but not limited to, copyright laws.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, files, information, usernames, images, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, links and other content or materials (collectively, “Content”) that you submit, post or display on or via the Service. Each time you submit Content you are representing that you own or have the right to upload and display such Content using the Service from all persons that are included in such Content.
- You must not change, modify, adapt or alter the Service or change, modify or alter another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service or RENOMii.
- RENOMii may from time to time provide application programming interfaces (“RENOMii APIs”), whether private or public, for use in conjunction with the Services. You must not access RENOMii APIs by means other than those permitted by RENOMii. Use of RENOMii APIs is subject to a separate set of terms and conditions that are available on request(“API Terms”). You should send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must not create or submit unwanted email, comments or other forms of commercial or harassing communications (aka “spam”) to any RENOMii users.
- You must not use domain names or web URLs in your username, or otherwise use domain names, web urls, images or other devices that redirect traffic from RENOMii to other sites without prior written consent from RENOMii except as permitted under the Service.
- You must not interfere or disrupt the Service, servers or networks connected to the Service, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other code of a destructive or disruptive nature. You may not inject content or code or otherwise alter or interfere with the way any RENOMii page is rendered or displayed in a user’s browser or device or use the RENOMii application to monitor, control or interfere with the activities of users’ browsers whether on the RENOMii Service or elsewhere.
- You must not create accounts with the Service, or extract content from, or upload content to, the Service through unauthorized means, including but not limited to, by using an automated device, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service or your access to the Service for any reason, without notice, at any time, and without liability to you. You can deactivate your RENOMii account by emailing email@example.com. If we terminate your access to the Service or you use the form detailed above to deactivate your account, your videos, photos, comments, and all other data will no longer be accessible through your account.
- We reserve the right to refuse access to the Service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We reserve the right to force forfeiture of any username for any reason.
- You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service, whether online or offline. You agree that RENOMii is not responsible or liable for the conduct of any user. RENOMii reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users. Exercise common sense and your best judgment when interacting with others, including when you submit or post Content or any personal or other information. If you have a serious concern about Content that has been posted to RENOMii and may give rise to privacy or other similar concerns you should refer to our Privacy Guidelines at http://RENOMii.com/privacy-policy.
- There may be links from the Service, or from communications you receive from the Service, to third party web sites or features. There may also be links to third party web sites or features in images or comments within the Service. The Service also includes third party content that we do not control, maintain or endorse. Functionality on the Service may also permit interactions between the Service and a third party web site or feature, including applications that connect the Service or your profile on the Service with a third party web site or feature. For example, the Service may include a feature that enables you to share Content from the Service or your Content with a third party, which may be publicly posted on that third party’s service or application. Using this functionality typically requires you to login to your account on the third party service and you do so at your own risk. RENOMii does not control any of these third party web services or any of their content. You expressly acknowledge and agree that RENOMii is in no way responsible or liable for any such third party services or features. YOUR CORRESPONDENCE AND BUSINESS DEALINGS WITH THIRD PARTIES FOUND THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND THE THIRD PARTY. You may choose, at your sole and absolute discretion and risk, to use applications that connect the Service or your profile on the Service with a third party service (each, an “Application”) and such Application may interact with, connect to or gather and/or pull information from and to your Service profile. By using such Applications, you acknowledge and agree to the following: (i) if you use an Application to share information, you are consenting to information about your profile on the Service being shared; (ii) your use of an Application may cause personally identifying information to be publicly disclosed and/or associated with you, even if RENOMii has not itself provided such information; and (iii) your use of an Application is at your own option and risk, and you will hold the RENOMii Parties (defined below) harmless for activity related to the Application.
- You agree that you are responsible for all data, telecommunications and other charges you incur through use of the Service.
- We prohibit crawling, scraping, caching or otherwise accessing any content on the Service via automated means, including but not limited to, user profiles and photos (except as may be the result of standard search engine protocols or technologies used by a search engine with RENOMii’s express consent).
- You acknowledge that we may not always identify paid services, sponsored content, or commercial communications as such.
- The Service contains copyright notifications, trademarks, service marks, brand names, and other content owned or licensed by RENOMii (“RENOMii Content”). RENOMii Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and, as between you and RENOMii, RENOMii owns and retains all rights to the RENOMii Content and the Service. You will not remove, alter or conceal any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the RENOMii Content and you will not reproduce, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works based on, perform, display, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise exploit the RENOMii Content.
- The RENOMii name and logo are trademarks of RENOMii, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of RENOMii, except in accordance with our brand guidelines, as may be published from time to time. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts are service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of RENOMii, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from RENOMii.
- Although RENOMii endeavours to provide high quality, uninterrupted Service, there will be occasions when the Service may be interrupted, including, without limitation, for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and/or equipment. Also, RENOMii reserves the right to remove any Content from the Service for any reason, without prior notice. Content removed from the Service may continue to be stored by RENOMii, including, without limitation, in order to comply with certain legal obligations, but may not be retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, RENOMii encourages you to maintain your own backup of your Content and you agree that you will not rely on the Service for the purposes of Content backup or storage. RENOMii will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Services, or the loss of any Content. You also acknowledge that the Internet may be subject to breaches of security and that the submission of Content or other information may not be secure. RENOMii assumes no liability or obligation to you with respect to any breach of security, hack, exploit or other similar attack that results in unauthorized third party access to RENOMii confidential business information including customer account and profile information.
- RENOMii does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas, and takes no responsibility for any materials or ideas so transmitted. If, despite our policy, you choose to send us content, information, ideas, suggestions, or other materials, you further agree that RENOMii is free to use any such content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials, for any purposes whatsoever, including, without limitation, developing and marketing products and services, without any liability or payment of any kind to you.
Reporting Copyright and Other IP Violations
- We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same.
- If you believe that your content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or that your intellectual property rights (including trademark rights) have been otherwise violated, please follow the directions for written notice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL RENOMII CONTENT, IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, NEITHER RENOMII NOR ITS PARENT COMPANY IF ANY NOR ANY SUBSIDIARY COMPANY NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, ADVISORS, CONSULTANTS OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RENOMII PARTIES”) MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OR ENDORSEMENTS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO: (A) THE SERVICE; (B) THE RENOMII CONTENT; (C) USER CONTENT; OR (D) SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION TO RENOMII OR VIA THE SERVICE.
IN ADDITION, THE RENOMII PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS. THE RENOMII PARTIES DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE ERROR FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED; THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE SERVICE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE SERVICE AVAILABLE IS FREE FROM ANY HARMFUL COMPONENTS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, VIRUSES. THE RENOMII PARTIES DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING ANY INSTRUCTIONS) ON THE SERVICE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR USEFUL.
BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICE YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOUR ACTIVITIES ARE LAWFUL IN EVERY JURISDICTION WHERE YOU ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE. THE RENOMII PARTIES DO NOT ENDORSE CONTENT AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE (WHETHER ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHERWISE), INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY OR OTHER CAUSE OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER BASED UPON OR RESULTING FROM ANY CONTENT.
Limitation of Liability; Waiver
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE RENOMII PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, ECONOMIC, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES) THAT ARE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO: (A) THE SERVICE; (B) THE RENOMII CONTENT; (C) USER CONTENT; (D) YOUR USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE; (E) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH AN INVESTIGATION BY THE RENOMII PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES REGARDING YOUR OR ANY OTHER PARTY’S USE OF THE SERVICE; (F) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERS; (G) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE SERVICE’S OPERATION; OR (H) ANY DAMAGE TO ANY USER’S COMPUTER, MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER EQUIPMENT OR TECHNOLOGY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE FROM ANY SECURITY BREACH OR FROM ANY VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, FRAUD, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER LINE OR NETWORK FAILURE OR ANY OTHER TECHNICAL OR OTHER MALFUNCTION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, WORK STOPPAGE, ACCURACY OF RESULTS, OR COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE OR EVEN IF THE RENOMII PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WHETHER CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, OR THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF THE SERVICE).
IN NO EVENT WILL THE RENOMII PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RENOMII PARTIES TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OR ACTION EXCEED ONE HUNDRED UNITED STATES DOLLARS ($100.00).
YOU AGREE THAT IN THE EVENT YOU INCUR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURIES THAT ARISE OUT OF RENOMII ‘S ACTS OR OMISSIONS, THE DAMAGES, IF ANY, CAUSED TO YOU ARE NOT IRREPARABLE OR SUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION PREVENTING ANY EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEB SITE, SERVICE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT OR OTHER CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY THE RENOMII PARTIES, AND YOU WILL HAVE NO RIGHTS TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, DISTRIBUTION, ADVERTISING, EXHIBITION OR EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEB SITE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR OTHER CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY THE RENOMII PARTIES.
YOU HEREBY RELEASE RENOMII AND EACH OF THE RENOMII PARTIES, FROM ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS AND DAMAGES OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, DIRECT AND INDIRECT, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE SERVICES OR CONTENT ACCESSED THROUGH RENOMII.COM, OR ANY INTERACTIONS WITH OTHERS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO RENOMII.COM OR CONTENT ACCESSED THROUGH RENOMII.COM.
Time Limitation on Claims
You agree that any claim you may have arising out of or related to your relationship with RENOMii must be filed within one year after such claim arose; otherwise, your claim is permanently barred.
Governing Law & Venue
If any dispute shall occur between the parties hereto relating to the interpretation or implementation of any of the provisions of this Agreement, such dispute shall be resolved by arbitration. Such arbitration shall be conducted by a single arbitrator, if the parties can agree upon one, failing which such arbitrator shall be appointed by a Judge of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice at Toronto, upon the application of any of the said parties and a Judge of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice at Toronto shall be entitled to act as such arbitrator, if he so desires. The arbitration shall proceed in accordance with the provisions of The Arbitrations Act (Ontario). The decisions arrived at by the board of arbitration, however constituted, shall be final and binding and no appeal shall lie therefrom.