Welcome to RENOMii. RENOMii Corporation (“RENOMii”) is an on-line subscription service that permits renovation contractors and property owners to collaborate and exchange information about renovation projects, including facilitating contract formation, contract modification and payment arrangements.
Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access our Service(s) as described below across all devices and platforms you choose to use to access them (“Users“, whether renovation contractors or property owners). Click on the links below to jump to each section of this Policy.
- INFORMATION COLLECTED
We collect and store information generated through the use of the Services by Users, including the following types of information:
Information that you share with us:
Information we gather includes:
- Your name, password and email address when you register for a RENOMii account.
- User Content as described above that you choose to post to and share with us and other Users through the Service, as well as related information you choose to share with us such as your email address, phone numbers, physical address or other information you provide when you create, use or update your RENOMii account or communicate with us.
- User Content as described above that includes information about your home or other property, photographs, videos, specifications and other data, as well as information exchanged amongst yourself and other Users that you permit to access, view and modify your User Content.
Information that we receive about you indirectly:
- We receive data about you whenever you use RENOMii, such as when you send or receive a message, search, click on, view or otherwise interact with things, use a RENOMii mobile app, or make transactions through or facilitated by RENOMii.
- When you post things like specifications, bids, estimates, invoices, photos, or videos on RENOMii, we may receive additional related data (or metadata), such as the time, date, and place you uploaded such User Content.
- We may receive data from or about the computer, mobile phone, or other devices you use to install RENOMii apps or to access RENOMii, including when multiple users log in from the same device. This may include network and communication information, such as your IP address or mobile phone number, and other information about things like your internet service, operating system, location, the type (including identifiers) of the device or browser you use, or the pages you visit. For example, we may get your GPS or other location information so we can tell you if any of your friends are nearby, or we could request device information to improve how our apps work on your device.
- We may receive data whenever you visit an application or website that uses the RENOMii platform or visit a site with a RENOMii feature (such as a social plugin), sometimes through cookies. This may include the date and time you visit the site, the web address, or URL, you’re on, technical information about the IP address, browser and the operating system you use, and, if you are logged in to RENOMii, your User ID.
- We may receive data from our affiliates or our advertising partners, customers and other third parties that helps us (or them) deliver ads, understand online activity, and generally make RENOMii better. For example, an advertiser may tell us information about you (like how you responded to an ad on RENOMii or on another site) in order to measure the effectiveness of – and improve the quality of – ads.
- We may receive other publicly available information about you. When we use the phrase “public information”, we mean the information you choose to make public, as well as information that is always publicly available or has entered the public domain about you even without your knowledge or consent.
Information related to our management of the RENOMii platform for you and others:
- We may send you emails related to the Services or User Content, such as maintenance notifications, account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices, responses to support and password management requests and other communications. Note that as long as you are a User we including our agents, partners and others acting with us or on our behalf will communicate with you through various live and digital means including use of emails, text messages, social networks, and telephone, using the contact information you have provided, for purposes of providing other content we choose to forward to you about the Services and User Content, whether of an administrative or technical nature or for purposes of our marketing and promotion of the RENOMii platform. You may not opt out of those communications or unsubscribe unless you elect to terminate your account with us and by your creation of an account and use of the Services, whether or not you generate or view User Content, you are deemed to have consented to all such RENOMii Communications.
- We use our own and third party analytics tools to help us measure user engagement, traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information about the activities of you and others sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information and also combine it with analytics information derived from other Users to create aggregated data for analysis and other uses. We will not commercially use or license the use of or permit others to use your own personally identifiable data without your express consent. However, we reserve the right to make commercial use of data generated by you with respect to your use of the Services as well as aggregated data about you and other Users that is made available to enhance your experience with the RENOMii platform or to derive revenues so that we can continue to develop and enhance the services for use by you and others. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that any data used directly or made available to other parties cannot reasonably be used to identify you or any other particular individual User, and that access to and use of such data about you is limited to those persons in our organization with a requirement to have access to such data in the performance of their day to day responsibilities with our business.
- When you access RENOMii services via a browser, application or other client from a computer, mobile phone or other device our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, the location you accessed us from, the pages you visited, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- When you send email or other communications to RENOMii, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers are impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is data about data, or derived data. It is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted. Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content, including geotagging (e.g. to mark your location to a photo or video), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive. If you geotag your photo/video or tag your photo/video using other’s APIs then your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo or video and searchable (e.g. through a location or map feature) if your photo or video is made public by you in accordance with your privacy settings.
In addition, we may create our own data derived from data you have provided to us by, for example, creating recency, frequency or other metrics associated with your profile and activities on our site. This data can be used by us and others for such activities associated with our Services, such as segmentation, profiling and targeting to ensure that we are providing an experience optimized to your needs and use of the Services. The data can also be used to maximize the value of RENOMii based on your interaction with and use of the Services through the monetization opportunities and channels we pursue.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to try to provide a safe, efficient, and customized experience for you. We also use this information to run our business efficiently and profitably, including where appropriate and subject to applicable laws, making such information in aggregated and anonymized form available to third parties on commercial terms negotiated between them and us. Our goal in doing so is to maximize your experience with the RENOMii Services, and respecting to the extent feasible your privacy choices, while ensuring our ability to operate our business profitably.
Here are some of the details about how we do that:
- We may contact you with service-related announcements from time to time. You may opt out of all communications to the extent we permit this, but you may never opt out of essential updates and notifications, such as those relating to your account, security and other similar issues. We may include content you see on RENOMii whether generated by you or others in the emails we send to you.
- We won’t share your personally identifiable information with advertisers without your consent. We may allow advertisers to choose the characteristics of users who will see their advertisements and we may use any of the non-personally identifiable attributes we have collected to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements. For example, we might use the nature of your project to show you ads for goods or services related to that specific project. However, we will not sell your personally identifiable information or tell the advertiser who you are. Even though we do not share your information with advertisers without your consent, when you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement there is a possibility that the advertiser may place a cookie in your browser and note that it meets the criteria they selected.
- We may use information about you that we collect from other users to supplement your profile. In such cases we may allow you to direct how that information is shared in your privacy settings or give you the ability to remove the content (such as allowing you to remove a photo tag of your project) or limit its visibility as and when we determine to include and activate such features.
- Memorializing Accounts: If we are notified that a user is deceased, we may close an account if we receive a formal request from the user’s next of kin or other proper legal request to do so.
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- automatically update the RENOMii application on your device when/if RENOMii or other Users run contests, special offers or other events or activities (“Events”) on the Service
- SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside RENOMii without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that RENOMii is part of, or that become part of that group (“Affiliates”). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates’ own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). These Affiliates will be subject to their own privacy policies which shall be made available to you.
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third party organizations that help us provide the Service to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third party advertising partners. This information would allow third party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for sharing via the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to other Users, as controlled by you. Once you have shared User Content, that User Content may be reshared by others.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users or third parties using the RENOMii API have copied or saved that information.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
We may access, preserve and share your information if we have a reasonable belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from any jurisdictions where we have a reasonable belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a reasonable belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
- HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in any country in which RENOMii, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
RENOMii, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the United States or the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from Canadian law, where we are based, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, RENOMii cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to RENOMii or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and RENOMii, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you use to connect to RENOMii make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
- YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- You may update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- You may opt out of receiving email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
- You may review or modify your account in Settings.
How long we keep your User Content:
Following termination or deactivation of your account, RENOMii, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
If you choose, you may delete your account by emailing email@example.com.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
RENOMii does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
- OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
- HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT A DECEASED USER
In the event of the death of a RENOMii User, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will usually conduct our communication via email; should we require any other information, we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request.
- HOW TO CONTACT US